The Plan Of Analyzing Newspaper Articles
1. The headline of the article is ... (The article is headlined ..., The headline of the article I've read is...)
2. The author of the article is...
3. The article is taken from the newspaper...
4. Give a summary of the article (no more than 3-4 sentences).
5. State the main problem (the subject matter) discussed in the article (the article is devoted to..., the article deals with..., the article touches upon.., the aim of the article is to provide a reader with some material on..., the purpose of the article is to give the reader some information on...).
6. The main idea of the article is about... (The central idea of the article is...)
7. Speak on the conclusion the author comes to.
8. Genre, tone (the attitude of the author), composition (if there applicable).
9. Stylistic analysis of publisistic style (clichés, abbreviations, terms, names of places, formal/ informal style, individual/ publisistic style; figures, which are important for general understanding, etc.). Quote from the article, explain the usage.
PART II.Express your own point of view on the problem discussed. (10-15 sentences).
Включите материал по комментарию, который я высылала вам раньше.+
(Point out the facts that turned out to be new for you. State what places of the article contradict your former views, etc.)